Wednesday 7 July 2010

What do you miss most?

"What do you miss most about having a relationship?"
The question everyone wants answered

As I have previously said all relationships end at some point, there is no point denying it, as even if you do last untill you die then someone hast to die first right? So when relationships end we are often left wondering or being asked "What do you miss most?"

Well recently many people have asked me what I miss most about being in a relationship since 7 months is an awfully long time, sure it isn't years but it's still a pretty long time especially for me!

So i've been thinking about this question alot because there is an awful lot i could miss! The days out, the kissing, the secretive smiles. However it has to be said that the one thing I miss about being in a relationship is the hugs, come on surly anyone would admit that hugs pretty much on demand is one thing that God should give us when he put us on this earth!
Or scientists should stop looking for cancer cures to make a machine when you just get a huge hug for free! It could be like those massage chairs in the cinema! Only you pay for them and the point of this is to have free hugs anytime you want or need one!

So as you do whilst thinking about this I decided to look up what "Hug" actually means and therefore I once again turned to my trusty wikepidia bar in the top corner of my screen (Oh Google Chrome i love you!)

"A hug is a form of physical intimacy, not necessarily sexual, that usually involves closing or holding the arms around another person or group of persons. The hug is one of the most common human signs of love and affection, along with kissing. Unlike some other forms of physical intimacy, it is practised publicly and privately without stigma in many countries, religions and cultures, within families, and also across age and gender lines."


A hug to me is a special gift one person can give to another, it lets them know they are safe and wanted, it is my belief that hugs are more crucial than kisses or sexual exchanges as the whole idea of one act between two people to convey emotion that really cannot be conveyed any other way is one of the most special things in this world.

Also the wide variety of hugs is astonishing, do you not agree? So when asked what I miss most about being in a relationship the only thing I could honestly say is the hugs and that feeling of security and being wanted if only for a moment.
Sure my friends give me hugs to say hey or bye and my mum gives me a hug when i'm feeling down but it doesn't compare really does it?

So there you have it! If there was one thing I could keep from my previous relationships it would be the countless hugs :)

Well my blog readers (However many of you there may be out there and hey all aliens) Goodnight and remember to treasure everything whilst it lasts.
Lots of Love
Harriet Corey
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)