Saturday 30 October 2010

Depressive Song.

I shot for the sky, I'm stuck on the ground.
So why do I try? I know I'm gonna fall down


Hello readers, I found a song today that I absolutely love. It's called Down by Jason Walker, I first found it as it was played during the break-up scene in Vampire Diaries and I have been searching for it since. Well yesterday I struck a gold mine and found it on youtube, after showing to meinen buddy Fred he send it to me in MP3 format (Thank you for that) and I have not stopped listening to it since, yes you may be thinking wowee that's good so why is this post called depressive song?

Well after having listened to it for so long i've realised how sad it really is, it's not about trying and sucseeding, it's all about someone giving up hope. I know it's crazy and I talk about this a lot on here but I have given up hope on various situations and listening to this song is the first time I have actually sat down and thought through everything and honestly? It's the first time i've cried for everything. The loosing my friends, the incident of two weeks ago monday and everything in-between.

Sure, if you think i'm being wierd or soppy or just depressive then you may as well stop reading because when i listened to this song i felt guilt and an intense pain and sadness (no, it isn't "that time of the month" so that has nothing to do with it!) This song for me is all about someone who's put themselves out there and who has taken a risk, thinking that everything was going to be okay. The next thing they know it's all gone horribly wrong and everything falls apart. Story of my life.

No, I'm not usually this depressive in my posts so this really is a one of but I just thought I should warn everyone who's feeling sad not to listen to this song because it really is awfully depressive but beautiful at the same time and the whole mixture of piano, guitar and vocals just work so brilliantly together in perfect harmony I don't think you could find another song quiet like this on.

Anyways Harri over and out
(Staying in bed all day is not an option, even if I wanted to)

xox
HarrietCorey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)