Sunday 7 November 2010

apologies and mysteries

Yes, I say it rarely but I say it truly
I'm sorry.

Yes, as the name suggests I have an apology to make, I don't often apologise for things said on my blog as many people have come to realise but sometimes it seems the decent and proper thing to do, also this time I mean it.

This apology is to someone who took my blog the wrong way, who felt insulted by the gossip and rumours I wrote about. Yes some of you may be thinking "why? it was all anonymous" but to most people it was obvious who the rumour was about. I neither confirmed nor denied this when asked so when last week I had a text from said person implying that I had made the rumours up I realised that actually guys take this stuff differently to girls and also I was told that it wasn't true.

Now I have no idea if this is the case or not as I don't know anyone that went to said person's old school but I had heard the rumour from several people.
Yes, i'm talking about the first rumour I wrote up in case you haven't guessed already.

I know it's not always right to report idle gossip but most people don't really care what other people think about them and if they know the rumours aren't true then they won't care. Well aparently it's not always the case and I'm sorry for any upset and confusion caused. It wasn't meant to be taken in that way and I have never seen it as being serious because everyone knows this person wouldn't go and do that!

The thing with rumours and gossip is that they aren't always true, and most of the time are only repeated because they're amusing to people and people understand that they aren't going to be true. Never once have I spread gossip that I didn't think was true, sure people being in relationships or liking someone is a different story but on the whole most of the stuff I say in unbelievable or I know will be taken as a laughing matter by those involved.

So I'm really sorry to anyone who was offended but I don't start the rumours I just tell the world, and never for a moment did I believe it was true.


xox
HarrietCorey.

(ps. I'll do a happier blog post later after i've done some art)

1 comment:

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)