Thursday 1 January 2015

What I bought: 30/12/14

I went to the shops and I bought... Ever used to play that game? I loved it, especially on long car journeys or at work when there were no customers around!

I finally felt well enough to jump out of bed and hit the Boxing day Sales, with minimal money as I'm still saving for Iceland, so I thought I would share with you a few of the bits and pieces I picked up.

My first stop was Waterstones, it's the only voucher I had to spend and there was a certain book by miss Zoe Sugg aka 'Zoella' which I've heard both good and bad about. A lot of what I've heard has come from people who, rather pathetically, have not read her book. So in order to form my own opinion. I bought it and I'm actually very much looking forward to reading it! I've always loved Zoe and I feel like she's had a lot of bad press, which she doesn't deserve.


My second spontaneous purchase was this cute memory book from Mr Boddington's Studio - this cost me £12.99 and will enable me to document the next five years of my life. I felt like this was a fantastic idea for someone like me, who forgets to write long posts in a diary every day. The layout means that in five years time I'll be able to look at a particular date and see what I did on that day for the past five years.

 It's got a very fun uni-sex cover to it with monotone doodles of everything from phones to hats. The inside has adorable cursive handwriting style dates, and the same little illustrations from the front cover on the bottom of each page! It also has a handy ribbon bookmark attached so you can easily keep track of where you are in the book! My only dislike is the bulk of it! It's definitely not a book to be carrying around with you on a daily basis. I've just had a look on the website and my list of things to buy is now huge! They've got so many colourful and fun stationary bits, along with classic books with similar covers to my new memory book - so definitely go and check out http://www.mrboddington.com

Next I ended up in Lush, anyone who knows we knows that I can't go to town without having a quick look to see what Lush have got in! Specifically I was after some of the highly coveted "Snow Fairy" in the sale, but according to the lovely sales assistant everyone had "gone a bit crazy on Boxing day, they were fighting for it" Geesh! Glad I wasn't there for that! She did however manage to find me two bars of "Snow Fairy Sparkle" which smells just like the shower gel! I've never had a Lush massage bar, but this rubbed off in my hands and felt ever so smooth and I can confirm you will be incredibly shimmery and glittery when using this product! Still, the cute angel shape and the colour and smell make up for and glitter. Not that I'm complaining, I would eat the stuff if I could. As there was a 1/2 price sale I managed to pick up both bars for just £4.95!

Finally, or so I thought, I went to MAC - Having been given the Limited Edition 'Heirloom' brushes for Christmas I decided it was about time I got rid of my Smashbox foundation, let's just say I looked like an orange when I wore it, and bought a good old fashion MAC version. I ended up getting the Studio Fix Fluid in NW10, which is an awful lot paler than I thought! Spending £21.50 on this beauty was the best thing I could have done and since I've been using it my skin has looked wonderfully fresh and the coverage is fantastic for such a light product! Not to mention the ladies in MAC are always so helpful and really take their time to make sure you're happy with your product, which always reminds me why I love their brand so much.

Having left the shopping centre, had a coffee and climbed back into the car I remembered I'd not bought any Nail Varnish since last summer, which for a nail varnish addict is a ridiculously long time. So I snuck back out of the car and ran across to Superdrug where Barry M, faithful as ever, had one of their "spend £6 and we will give you this free" offers on. I ended up leaving with three different glitter, All of which I'm in love with.
 Aquarium Collection: Atlantis 439
I'd heard a lot about the Aquarium collection, a lot of people had been having issues with the placement of the glitter flakes. I had no such issue. I find the abnormal shapes of the glitter produce an ultra-sparkley and wonderfully unique effect, I currently have this over a pale nude base and it looks as if I just stuck my nails in confetti! It was a tad tricky to apply, as making sure the pieces were smoothed down took some effort but other than that this new effect is just a complete dream!

Glitterati Collection: Socialite 441
Unfortunately I hadn't heard much about this collection and it was only when I went into the store the other day that I saw this. It's the perfect glitter, recently I've found you have to have a coloured base coat for the colour of a glitter polish to stand out. This certainly isn't the case with Glitterati instead the pigmentation is so strong you're left with a perfect intense coverage, you barely need two coats! Fantastic for New Years or any party look methinks! Currently I'm rocking this on my toes... because who doesn't want glittery toes?
Christmas Limited Edition: Jingle Bells 440
I have to admit it, I'm a bit disappointed with this as it's very similar to all the other Barry M gold glitter effects, the only difference being the added element of the gold stars and red circles which gives it a very christmassy feel and look. You definitely need a bright base coat under this one, possibly just a nice red or green! Not sure how it's going to fare as a non-Christmas nail polish but we shall see!


Finally and wearily I found my way back to the car, curled up in the back seat and tried to not think about the money I had spent!

Coming up soon should be my next Hummingbird Challenge bake and a sneak peak at my Icelandic plans!

I hope you've all had a lovely New Year
lots of love as ever,
HarrietCorey




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)