Saturday 3 January 2015

Review: Barry M - Atlantis


It's review time!

As you may have seen in my "What I bought" post the other day I picked up three of the slightly new-er Barry M nail varnishes (you can see how long it's been since I've bought Nail Varnish) in various shades of glitter. I have never loved glitter so much.
Whenever I buy a new glittery nail varnish I immediately use it with just a nude base underneath, my reasoning for this is I can then see if it can be called a 'stand alone' product or, like most, you have to combine it with a colour for it to produce any results.

Atlantis, the latest in their Aquarium collection, is an absolute dream. As you can see from the above image even on it's own it gives a rather dazzling effect. Within this tiny pot of joy there is a multitude of colours and shapes which when combined create a treasure-trove of colour and glitter.

Full of tiny silver dots, purple and blue diamonds and silver hexagons along with oddly shaped pink confetti this nail varnish can, and will, give you hours of entertainment as no two nails come out the same - Warning OCD's stay clear!

When applying this to my nails I was highly apprehensive, I'd heard lots of good and bad about this particular varnish, with one of the worst criticism being that you had to painstakingly place each of the individual pieces. This was far from the truth! Yes, if you wanted your nails to match perfectly then you'd have to spend a bit more time than I did, but for a quick and dazzling effect this was perfect.
It went on quickly and the density of the polish meant I only needed one coat! So with a base coat, Atlantis and a top coat to fix the pieces in place this was one of the most hassle-free nail varnishes I own!

So would I recommend it? Gosh yes! Would I buy it again? I'm going to town tomorrow to buy the other shades (Mermaid 1 and Treasure Chest 2). Will you try the rest of the collection? I'm not so keen on the mirror two-tone polishes but I may pick up Arabian as it does look rather lovely!

Let me know if you've got any of the other and what you think, along with which your favourite base coats to use are!
Lots of love
Harriet
xxo

Ps. I bought this product myself from Superdrug for £3.99 and part of the "Pay more than £6, get a free limited edition Christmas Polish"

2 comments:

  1. oh wow this polish is soso gorgeous! need!! lovely post!!!xoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it? The photo just doesn't do it justice it's by far one of the most magical polishes ever!
      Also, I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read my post, you're the first person to comment on my blog since 2012. I've spend a very long time updating and editing it since then and it means so much to me that you took the time to leave me a comment, so thank you for making my day.

      Harriet xx

      Delete

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)