Friday 2 January 2015

Looking Forward: 2015

Image Source: Etsy: SimplyKiKisToo
I had promised you that I would stop rambling on about myself on my blog... which is impossible since I've often been diagnosed by friends and family as self-obsessed. I don't bother to argue it any more. However I have wanted to do a "Looking Forward" post, as this year is set to be a pretty bloomin' big one for me and if I'm being completely honest with you all I'm petrified!

Nice loving, it'll be ok comments would be very much appreciated right now.

1) Graduation. 
It's been three very long years in the making, I'm not going to be found saying I wish I wasn't leaving and I want to re-start my University years again. Yes, it's been a blast and I've had some amazing times but in hindsight I wouldn't go again. I've spent more time rocking back and forth on my bed and talking myself into going to class than I have enjoying it! It's a sad truth but a truth nonetheless.
I'm definitely looking forward to my last term, studying Shakespeare (again) and Stand Up Comedy and knowing that I've got 16 weeks until I can leave for good!
I am however worrying about finding a graduation dress, a bit early to be panicking but I'm so picky and these are photos which will haunt me forever and a day! It's with this in mind that I'm going to re-join Slimming World (oh yes, forgot to mention I'd been doing that over summer) with the idea that I'm going to be 1 Stone lighter at Graduation than I am now... wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

2) Turning 21.
Help! I'm going to be a fully fledged grown-up! Not to mention that by the time I'm 21 I will have graduated from University and hopefully gotten a grown up job AND have moved across country (see next bullet point). It's scary, I've spent 21 years on this lovely little planet and I've seen a lot and done a lot and somehow, turning 21 just seems a little bit bigger than turning 18!

3) Moving to Yorkshire.
Warning: This will be soppy.
Two years ago I met the person who would be there for me through university, make me smile when I was down and enable me to become the most crazy and confident version of myself. He's my partner in crime and I couldn't live my life without him in it, he's become everything to me and I was so proud of him when he got accepted onto a Graduate scheme and it broke my heart that he had to move to Yorkshire. However since December I've had a countdown on my phone, to the date I can move up to be with him, which looks like the end of April! I am so excited to have him back in my life everyday and I can't wait for our future to start together. Let's face it, long distance is only great for getting work done, the lack of laughter and hugs and late night film watching is slightly depressing.
If you head over to my pinterest you'll see I've already started to collect ideas for our flat/house/cardboard box on the street as I'm that excited!

4) Operation Grown Up. 
I'm going to find myself a job. This is a bit hopeful of me I know, and it's proving difficult since I'm currently over 200 miles away from where I'd like to be working. My Drama degree seems to a bit of a difficulty, despite being confident and able to present and incredibly personable I don't have much else going for me. Late last night I found my dream job, On-line PR and Marketing and from the job description it seems to be largely based around Bloggers - I know! Perfect isn't it? Plus it was in Leeds meaning I'd be able to move to Yorkshire without worrying about not having a job lined up, but we shall see! Ideally I'd love to be in PR or Events Planning, neither or which I'm particularly qualified for but we shall see. Where there's a will there's a way right?

5) Iceland.
Being the fantastic girlfriend that I am, I bought a trip to Iceland for the Boyfriend's Christmas present! We fly out the Thursday before Valentines and come back the Monday afterwards, the plan at the moment is to spend our time around Reykjavik chasing the Northern Lights and Whale Watching, Husky Sled riding and general sightseeing. I am SO excited. So is the Boyfriend, following the success of our holiday to Italy in summer I can't wait to get back on a plane and go explore this icy tundra!
Image Source: Scott Dunn Ltd.
If anyone's ever been then PLEASE tell me your top tips/share your photos!

Well that's a nice little round up is it not? That's my life for the next year, can you now see why I'm so scared? I am so excited that 2015 is easily going to be the best and biggest year of my life so far, wish me luck friends!
Happy New Year to you all
love as always
Harriet
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)