Sunday 27 February 2011

results! I stuck to my new years revolutions... so far!

1 : I'm going to stop eating bread
2 : I will post a blog at least once a month
3 : I'm going to know which Uni I want to go to 
4 : I'm going to take care of my appearance
5 : Audition for the National Youth Theatre
I am amazed at myself. Truly blog readers I. Am. Amazed. So far (nearly two months into the new year) and I've already stuck to... wait for it 
FOUR OF MY RESOLUTIONS
This is undoubtedly a great achievement for me, as before I've never kept a resolution more than a few weeks, but here we are  on the brink of March (a time of exams) and I've already completed two of my resolutions and am currently working on the others. So I thought you may like an update (after the depressingness of the last post I also felt I needed something more light hearted)
1: I will stop eating bread - ever since New Years Day I have stopped eating bread, well until last week where all I could eat for breakfast and lunch was bread, but until Poland I had not had a single piece of bread. Brown healthy pitta breads = yes. But no white bread what so ever and I am so incredibly pleased with myself, because before all I thought about was how soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside the French Bread was going to be! 
2: I will post a blog at least once a month - As you can see I've stuck with that one so far, and I probably will carry on with it as best I can because I'm enjoying getting home and logging onto my blog because, well, I'm an addict. There I said it. I, Harriet Corey, am addicted to blogging. Most of it nonsense! Tehe. 
3: I will know which Uni I want to go to  - After a successful ACT Day (Alternative Curriculum Time) researching Universities and other options I have decided my aim is The University of Surrey where I will study Drama and Theatre Studies. I need ABB or AAB to get in (I know, that's allot of hard work but I'll try my best) and it seems like my ideal. I've visited Guildford, the nearest town, and I love it. No not just because I found Lilo and Stitch in a charity shop for £2.50 (Although that had something to do with it) 
4: This one isn't working... yet. Check back with me in a few months and I may be looking as amazing as Cheryl Cole. (not)
5: Audition for NYT : Yes good blog readers, I did it. I auditioned on the 20th of February at London's Bubble Theatre and you know what? I loved it. I managed to get up to London on my own (first time ever) and catch a tube then walk the twenty minutes to the theatre! HOW AMAZING! 
I honestly don't think I have got in, this time around, but they did say that I was very good and I just need more confidence! How great is that? Although I think I needed to be a little more active in the group workshop! But some of those people were scary! 

So there you have it blog readers! I am one happy bunny thanks to keeping up with some of my resolutions this late into the year, I know I make it sound like October but never before have I done so well when it comes to keeping these silly things! 
Anyways I had better go and do some work otherwise that ABB will not be, and then I'll have to rethink Uni's and it's taken me far too long to decide all ready! 
Love to you all 
xox
HarrietCorey 
PS. SO close to 2,000 blog views... *mini party*

See! Even Terrence is happy for me!

   

3 comments:

  1. Well done!
    I really admire you cause I simply CAN'T stop eating bread!
    C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D It's seriously hard though! Don't you just love the softness of white bread and espechially crusty rolls when they're all warm and mmmm I'm making myself want bread srom just saying this!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I know, bread = heaven in a loaf :D x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)