Tuesday 15 February 2011

Valentines *nawh*

Valentines Day:
"An annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions"

I'm a self glorified romantic, I love valentines and anything soppy like that. Well I do in the movies in real life I get really embarrassed if a guy does something sweet for me, but really annoyed if he doesn't! (I know I'm weird)

However yesterday, it being valentines, I went into school all happy and looking forward to spending a day with my friends celebrating love. (I'd already had a valentines day on Sunday with the boyfriend so that wasn't in my mind at all) Anyways I went into my common room and all everyone was talking about was "Single Awareness Day"

I love Single Awareness Day, I think it's a great day but when you feel victimised for being in a relationship especially on valentines it gets a little annoying. I doubt any of you readers will agree with me, maybe you will but I think I could be alone in this thought. Wikipedia told me:

"It serves as an alternative to Valentine's Day for people who are single, that is, not involved in a romantic relationship. Some people who observe S.A.D. do so out of spite for Valentine's Day, as a Hallmark holiday, or for other reasons."

So do any of us really have a right to say "I hate valentines" when in a few years when you are married or in a relationship you'll suddenly change your mind? Should we complain so much that other single people and people in relationships (who are happy being so) feel bad and avoid you because of the complaining? But most of all do I have a right to feel upset and a little annoyed at all the people who spitefully change valentines into S.A.D? I guess not.

I hope everyone had a wonderful valentines, because even if you aren't in a relationship you are loved and the whole point is celebrating LOVE not RELATIONSHIPS!

LOVE YOU BLOG READERS
Sorry If that made no sense!

xox
HarrietCorey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)