Monday 8 November 2010

Body Image

I've never liked my body
So why do I only now find it a bad thing?

I love my friends, I really do, but sometimes I get really stressed out about how they think of me. Not as a person, as a person i'm fine with who I am. I can be a complete bitch but I also know I have my really good moments and i'll pull though as a friend. My body image however I really don't like. I went through a phase of liking everything about my body from my feet to my head but then recently i've become more and more conscious about the wobbly bits and lumpy bits, the spots on my back (which aren't bad but I do hate them) and the fatness of my thighs.

I can't help not liking my body image, actually i'm more than fine with it when it comes to wearing normal clothes but as soon as someone mentions swimming or something equally as revealing I worry. I only think of this now because i've been invited swimming but don't want to go especially with the girls going be so damn gorgeous and it sucks. Sure some people who read this are going to think "get over yourself you're just attention seeking" but honestly i'm not. If you haven't noticed my blog is very personal to me and I'll write honestly and truley about anything and everything on here.

I did try the whole exercise to make me loose weight thing but it didn't help because I just felt worse when I found it wasn't working. I don't eat loads of junk food nor do i disrespect my body by smoking or taking drugs or having sex. Sometimes i'll wear a skirt that's too short or a top that's too low cut in the hope that it will take attention away from my messy hair or my hips. I know it's silly of me readers, honest I do but sometimes I just feel so desperate and awful about it that I can't help but find ways to detract people's attention from my body.

There are so many that will say to you, it's not about body its about personality. But this isn't true! First appearances are everything in this world and if you mess them up then you're pretty much screwed, i've learnt that the hard way! It's very easy to say "oh don't worry you're gorgeous and everyone loves you" but very hard to believe it. This makes it sound as though I don't trust my friends not to judge me on my size and shape and i'd like to point out I do trust them to like me for my personality, honest.

This really isn't going anywhere so sorry guys but i'm going to stop complaining now, just remember though! We are responsible for our own bodies and we are the ones that have to put up with them. If you don't like your body then don't let someone bully you into liking it just because they can! Sure, they're probably trying to make you feel better about yourself but if it doesn't work then just nod and get on with it. That's what I do.

love you readers and friends!
xox
HarrietCorey

ps. my blogs will make sense again soon honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)