Sunday 2 January 2011

Day Two : Faces!

I'm the oldest child
I think my parents may regret it ;)

Hey blog readers! Funny thing happened this morning. 

I woke up early, exercised (Yes, I know shock horror) and then went downstairs to brush my teeth at which point my parents called me into their room (we have three floors to our house so don't worry I don't brush my teeth in the kitchen sink, i'm not that weird) So we had a nice little chat about how the day is going to be all relaxed and hassle free. I leave the room. 

(Now i'm going to flick to my parent's point of view-ish for this bit)

Two minutes later I stick my head around the door again, tooth brush in mouth and inform them that an Ex-Boyfriend is dropping off some of my stuff at some point between 11 and 12 on his way to his new Girlfriend's house... 

Their faces looked something like this:


Why? because the clock said 10:45 - the house was a mess, no-one was dressed and my parents are obsessed with giving everyone and anyone a good impression even if all I had to do was open the door, smile nicely, take the bag say happy new year and close the door again (avoiding hitting said Ex in the face, because I would never ever do this

So within the next fifteen minutes my parents went into over drive, showering was a two minute phenomenon and hoovering seemed to be a brand new Olympic sport. (I think my mum managed it in all of 6 minutes and 49 seconds!

So by the time it got to 11 the house was tidy, family presentable and fire roaring in the fireplace (When I say roaring I really mean gently sparking a little, but if I said that then it would ruin the whole effect)
11 o'clock came and went, then 11:30, then 12, then 12:30 (by now i'm getting serious evils from the parents) It got to 1 o'clock, i'd been on a dog walk and gotten back by this time so I decided enough was enough and it was time I texted the Ex to ask where he was... 

"Hey are you dropping this stuff of or have you magically forgotten? x" 

"Errr.... Blame *insert new Girlfriend's name here*" 

No. I haven't told my parents yet (they're out shopping so I'll probably be killed when they get back) Suffice to say I don't think they'll be very impressed with me, or him for that matter. However they seem to like him so they won't blame him they'll probably say "he's just excited about seeing his Girlfriend! I'm sure you'd do the same if you were going to see Adam"  - I think not. 

I don't know why i'm telling you this! I just found their reaction to something so simple really funny!

Well onwards and upwards readers! Love you lots and lots (Like Jellytots!) 
Yup, I'm normal
xox
HarrietCorey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)