Sunday 3 April 2011

Reading is bad for my health.

I love the movies
I always want my life to be like one

Hey blog readers! So the other day I started reading a book about this girl who is in love with the movies, she loves the romance, the excitement... starting to sound familiar to anyone? Yeah. It was pretty much describing how I want my life to be. So I was reading this book and I admit I finished it today, about five minutes ago, but the whole point of this girl going to London for a few weeks is to prove that her life is just like the movies and that movie moments do happen in real life. 

So being a girl who wants her life to be like the movies I can empathise with the main character Scarlett. When at the end of the book she realises her life does have movie magic moments I decided maybe I could find my few "Movie Moments" from my own life? However then I realised that actually, everything in my life could be a movie. My friends could make great characters, the boys in my life. Hell they would defiantly be good for the movies and even my own thoughts in my head would be good I think. 

I was going to think up a list of 10 movie moments for you, but then I remembered something an old friend said to me the other day: 

"I'm glad I'm not something important in your life anymore
quite frankly i don't want to be a blog post, a picture or a status, something to show off and then hide away"


 So this made me think about my blog, about my Facebook and about how I view my life, I have a book now that I write very strange and random thought in. It's like an extension of this blog but more personal and then I realised as I look around my room that I document a lot of things in my life. Sitting where I am now at my desk I see 49 photos around my room. I see hundreds of bits of paper and countless scribblings.
 
The person who made that comment used to be very important to me, I won't deny that even if I may regret it sometimes. What people who know me don't seem to understand is that to be important to me they have to accept that this blog and my various books of notes and photos on my wall are my way of showing the world who I am and for me to remember every passing moment of my life, I believe everything happens for a reason and we should treasure what we have, whilst we have it. 


So I may spend a lot of time writing on here, taking photos, searching for new ways to show the world about me and my life. But this is my little way of showing the world my life, not as a movie but as a collection of posts and photos all of which in 70 years will be the most precious things in my life. Memories. 

xox
HarrietCorey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)