Sunday 24 April 2011

Jemma Pixie Hixon

She hasn't left her house in two years,
But everyday thousands watch her perform.


 Jemma Pixie Hixon, is not your average 20 year old from the good old UK. No Jemma is an outstanding singer with a voice many have compared to Britain's best, how do I know about Jemma? Well I followed her for ages when I was into posting (very bad) videos of myself singing on Youtube. I wanted to be just like her, however there is something even more special about Jemma than being able to sing so well, she suffers from anxiety attacks and agoraphobia, in other words she cannot go outside into large open spaces with lots of crowds. For Jemma this started when she was 6 however now at 20 she hasn't left her house in two years, imagine if that was you! No going shopping with your friends, no dog walks, bike rides, no school! 

However with the Agoraphobia and the inability to step outside came another downside. Her singing would suffer, or so people thought. When Jemma was 13 she won a competition on the BBC to sing live... with the Sugababes 


Instead of letting the Agoraphobia prevent the world outside her door from hearing her voice Jemma came up with a way to combat this. Instead of letting it get to her Jemma set up a studio in her room with a camera, a laptop and a microphone and began recording videos to upload to Youtube. 
From these her fans have been able to follow her progression from blond to brunette and from brilliant to outstanding.

Personally I think Jemma is one brave girl, she's kept doing what she loves despite being afraid to go outside and I marvel at her determination and positive outlook on life and wish her the very best with everything. 
So blog readers I leave you with my favorite of her covers. 

xox 
HarrietCorey
PS. all the links to her youtube and her facebook are on the "up and comings" page
 

1 comment:

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)