Wednesday 23 March 2011

Somethings just don't add up.

The weather is not an indication
of what kind of day you'll have.

Evening Blog readers! 
I witnessed an accident today, a boy crashed his moped into the back of a bus on his first lesson, he was sixteen. No don't worry, he is fine but it does make you put things into perspective.

For those of you living in the little slice of heaven (only on occasion) that is Kent you'll have seen the sky... no, not the usual cloudy dull and darkness but the actual blue of the sky above your head. For those of you in a rainy place I apologise for being a little bit smug and overly excited, I'm sure you'll have some sun soon... unless you're in Gloucestershire... It rains a lot there apparently. (Yes, I'm taking that from the well known nursery rhyme) 

So back to what I was originally trying to say, sometimes the weather can be perfect, not a cloud in the sky but horrible events will take place. Today I nearly missed my train so I ran down the hill with my friend Steph, yes we looked stupid. However we got halfway and started walking again, neither of us decided to start walking we just simultaneously stopped running. Not having walked more than five paces we heard a crash, a horrible screeching noise which really really didn't seem to be anything important until we turned around to check and saw a moped go into the back of a bus... the 205 to be precise. 

It's fair to say when the boy sat up Steph and I didn't have a clue what to do, however we did work out that calling an ambulance and standing shaking and smiling whilst trying our best to keep calm and chip in our accounts of what happened when anyone asked. 

I know this doesn't really make much sense... ever but it's really quite strange thinking that on such a perfectly sunny day something so awful could happen. As far as I know the boy was fine (I feel awful I don't even know his name) but he was up and walking about and getting into the ambulance when we were told we should leave so don't worry. In English we've been studying The Great Gatsby and the same idea occurs in that, the weather in the initial meeting between Gatsby and the love of his life Daisy it's raining, but not the romantic heavy rain but the drizzly stuff that no-one in their right minds likes. Then when Tom runs Mertyl over it's stiflingly hot, for all intense and purposes a beautiful day! Ordinarily in the movies, the books, the songs we hear how when someone dies it's raining outside, you can hear it on the window pain and the sadness of the situation seems worse simply because of the rain. Where as the hot weather usually means romance, rolling around in hay bails with farm boys, lazy days on the beach gossiping with your friends, not death, not accidents, not something so sad. It seems to me that when the weather doesn't match the tone of the day (like today for me) the whole world seems to start tipping slightly, not much but enough to think that yes, the world has finally lost it's mind.

I guess it goes to show how no-one can judge when a disaster is going to happen, when something good will come about and no-one will ever really understand how this world works. Seeing this accident and feeling the sun on my back has made me realise how nothing in this world seems to be connected. The earthquake in Japan happened at the same time as the riots in Lybia, leaving newspaper reporters confused as to which story will make better news. 

I guess you could also take the ideology that actually we are only interested in something when the news is bad, when someone dies or when our peaceful state of mind is threatened. You never hear stories which don't have a happy ending unless it has a sad beginning, you never hear of a sad ending unless it began happy. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone other than me, my thoughts aren't very coherent today not that they ever normally make sense :/ 

Well blog readers I'd better go to bed, I have a long day of drama rehearsals and English essays (none of which I have any idea what I'm doing! I think I'm going to have to find a year.13 to tutor me at this rate!)

Goodnight!
Love you all loads
xox
HarrietCorey

PS. This came up on my "following blogs" link thing and it made me laugh so check this out, it's two guys from my school's podcast and I found it hysterical in places, if a little random! 
               www.aquestionbasedpodcast.blogspot.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Leave me a message and I promise I will reply (I have nothing better to do with my life!)